Thursday, September 30, 2010

Raw Granola

I thought I would share this recipe for some raw granola. I just got back from Australia where some friends of mine gave me this recipe. She told me that it was great and she was addicted to it and it was the best ever. I figured it was good but it took me a while to make it. After I made it I was blown away. Then I understood what she was talking about. Not only did it taste incredible but it was super fast to throw together in a food processor. I mean how can you beat that? Some quick tasty snacks that are good for you. It doesn't get any better. So let's cut out all the talk. Here is the recipe from her but I modified it a bit and used different nuts. So here are the goods:

RAW GRANOLA
Handful of almonds (I used cashews).
Handful of walnuts (I used macadamia nuts).
1/2 handful of raisins.
Juice from half a lemon.
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or more.
Couple spoonfuls of raw honey.
Couple spoonfuls of raw oats.
Blend it all up in a food processor (coarsely).
Add water or almond milk and get your feed on.

I used almond milk I made mixed with coconut milk. My personal favorite. Also just as an aside You may want to eat this with a salad of some sort because nuts are acidic in the body and having some alkaline greens to balance this out would help alot. It's wise to always balance your acid/alkaline intake with each meal. For more information on the acid/alkaline balance checkout these books for starters. I really enjoyed both of them.

Secrets of an Alkaline Body: The New Science of Colloidal Biology

The pH Miracle: Balance Your Diet, Reclaim Your Health

If you want you can add dates, coconut flakes, agave and even dehydrate them into cookies. If you make them, let me know what you think!


http://rawfoodtoday.blogspot.com/2009/02/raw-granola.html

No comments:

Post a Comment